Headway Central Lancashire provides a non clinical information advice and assistance service to patients at the Royal Preston Hospital. Major Trauma and Neuro patients are supported from admission to discharge through the free confidential service funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.
We provide the following advice, information and assistance in the early stages following a major trauma injury;
- FINANCE including access to bank accounts, dealing with bill and other financial liabilities.
- WELFARE BENEFITS including the claim process for means tested benefits and disability benefits. Self Help Guides.
- LEGAL including personal injury, mental capacity, employment and criminal matters.
- SOCIAL including care and support after discharge from hospital.
- COMMUNICATION SUPPORT to liaise with different agencies.
- FAMILY information and advice relating to recovery and finances.
- EMERGENCY FUND for those in financial hardship to help with travel to hospital costs, items while in hospital and other small expenses.
- Bedside iPad service is available when visiting is unavailable. Contact your ward staff to arrange or telephone us see below.
If you need our help contact us:
- Kayleigh Weaver MTPSS Supervisor Tel: 07808 648 733
- Luke Robinson MTPSS Coordinator 07808648734
- Lynsey Battle MTPSS Coordinator Tel: 07783755929
- Billie Weld Blundell MTPSS Coordinator Tel: 07760869768
Headway Central Lancashire Helpline: 07557123493
Headway Central Lancashire office: 01772 791460
How to donate to our charity: https://headwaycentrallancashire.org.uk/how-to-donate/